Answers To Your Concerns Regarding Property Rights And Divorce
When facing the prospect of divorce, you may have serious concerns regarding your property rights and financial future. At Regele Law, LLC, we help individuals understand how the property division process works in Oregon divorces and how they can secure their interests for the future.
Call our divorce lawyers at 971-203-2916 for an appointment.
Below are some of the most common property division questions people ask about asset division and divorce. Our attorneys work one on one with each client, and we are happy to discuss your unique situation and specific concerns in a confidential evaluation of your case. Our goal is to secure a final order that provides stability and security well into the future.
Answers To Your Important Questions
Property division will have a major impact on various aspects of your life, and it is important to get answers and information about your individual concerns. Here are some of our property division FAQs:
- Who will keep the house? This differs from case to case. If you want to keep the home, you should weigh your ability to make mortgage payments and pay property taxes on one income. In some cases, it is beneficial to sell the home or negotiate for other assets.
- Will my spouse have to leave the house? Most spouses do not want to live together during the divorce process. We can discuss with you the possibility of seeking a beneficial arrangement during this time or drafting a separation agreement.
- What will happen to my retirement assets? Retirement assets and long-term savings accrued during the marriage are likely marital assets, eligible for distribution. You may be able to negotiate terms that suit your retirement goals.
- Will I have to pay off debt? Debts carried by both parties are subject to equitable distribution during the divorce process. We can help you pursue a final order that does not leave you with an overwhelming portion of marital debt.
- Can I keep my health insurance? Health insurance is a complex matter, and we can help you fight for a fair outcome regarding this specific important concern.
From advocating for your marital property rights to protecting separate assets, our lawyers can help. We are also adept at helping high-income individuals navigate the complexities of high-asset divorces.
Discuss Your Case With A Lawyer Today
You have a right to know your rights and get the answers you need to make smart, beneficial decisions for your future. Discuss your case with a member of our Salem legal team by calling 971-203-2916 or emailing for an appointment.